The history of YUASA Foundation started in 1887, when Dr. Tamenoshin Yuasa opened a private practice in Koriyama, soon after he had graduated from the medical department of Tokyo Imperial University. At that time, Koriyama was a small village with a population of 7,300, but in that year the Japan Railroad had opened a route to Koriyama, so Tamenoshin went to the village with a spirit of a pioneer. He earned a good name and reputation, because he was the first medical doctor in this district and he performed the first laparotomy in Koriyama. He was called "Railroad Doctor" and was loved by the people here. Thus, he solidified his base as a medical practitioner, and he finally decided to leave his hometown, Yamaguchi, and settle permanently in Koriyama. After that, his clinic continued to develop both quantitatively and qualitatively, and was incorporated as a foundation by his son, Daitaro Yuasa in 1953. Today, Yuasa Foundation responds to the broad needs of the region as a complex of healthcare, medical care and welfare.
To provide the community compassionate health care with services of the highest quality.
- 1. We practice compassionate medical care for our patients, respecting their rights and decisions.
- 2. We provide safe, high-quality medical care, through interdisciplinary communication and partnership working.
- 3. We work in tandem with other medical facilities in the region, and perform our role in a shared emergency system, for the benefit of the local community, to the utmost of our ability.
- 4. We make concerted efforts to develop our most vital resources — our staff and medical professionals — in order to create a stimulating environment in which they are motivated to expand their skills and grow as professionals.
- 5. We maintain a sound and highly transparent management system to enable our continued contributions to the long-term health and viability of our local community.